Skip to main content

New baby and 2 under 2 must have recommendations



Here is a list of some of my favorite baby items!  I have personally used all of these and absolutely love them.  Many of them I find essential to have if you have more than one baby, particularly a toddler and a new baby!

Binxy Baby Cart Hammock  This product is really revolutionary for when you have 2 kids and need to use the actual "seat" part of the cart for your older child, but need somewhere to put the baby that won't compromise your ability to fit all your items in the cart!
 
City Select Stroller with Optional add second seat!  I love this stroller because it accommodates the infant car seat and larger seat in either spot, and both the car seat and the larger seat can face either way.  Many configurations, folds nicely, easy to use and easy to push! 
 2nd Carseat base for whatever carseat you buy.  I won’t make a car seat recommendation simply because they’re all “safe” and meet the same testing requirements.  It depends on your vehicle size, configuration of other kids in the car, your stroller, and even the size of your baby. 

Sophie the Giraffe Teething Toy- Initially I didn't buy the hype but thought I'd give it a whirl anyways.  There is something about this toy that babies LOVE!
 
4moms Mamaroo This feels like a combination of a swing and bouncy chair!  It's compact and easy to move from room to room if needed! 





I really like the boppy pillow for those newborn bottle and breastfeeding days, but I really love that it doubles as a support for that dreaded tummy time, and my toddler now loves to use it while watching a movie.



I realize there are a number of high chairs out
there and this one might not fit everyone's
 budget or space (heck, it didn't fit my budget
either but I couldn't pass up the functionality
and features!)  I love that this chair lowers and
raises with the push of a foot button- I don't
even need a hand to raise it and can lower it
onehanded. It fits all of the tables in our
house, so our toddler now uses it as his chair
at the table. The base glides smoothly and because of the design, it doesn't tip. (Which
is a really important feature for our youngest
if you've ever met Kaleo the Wolverine!)


Snuza  This gives me peace of mind.  I still follow all the ABC of safe sleep AAP sleep safe recommendations of baby sleeps Alone in bed, Back to bed (even if they can roll) and Clutter free (no blankets, no anything until a MINIMUM of 12 months), but this snuza allowed us to sleep a little better.  And yes, it gave us 2 false alarms, but it also gave us 1 real alarm. 







Sleep sacks of varying sizes
     -I started with these carters ones and they fit well from day
       one.  
     -As my children have grown, we love the Halo brand 
      Halo Summer Weight (Muslin Sleepsack)

**I do not swaddle anymore because of the new AAP recommendations, so I do not recommend a swaddle brand.  The AAP no longer recommends swaddling past 8 weeks and I personally don’t see a point in transitioning out around 6 weeks, that’s just so much work**

Nesting Days wrap- I wanted to love the moby so bad.  But that dang thing brought me to tears and the last thing I needed was more frustration and time consuming tasks.  Nesting Days is not currently available on Amazon, but you can order them here.




Kinderpack Carrier (infant shown here)
I HIGHLY recommend you try a carrier out from a friend, a local mom's group (both of mine are on lend to moms from my local fb group!) where you can try it on first and see how it fits and feels on you.  NOT all baby carriers fit ALL bodies the same! 
Kinderpacks are not currently available on Amazon but you can order them here.

 





      I also highly recommend the: 
               Lillebaby carrier
               LennyLamb carrier
               Ergo 360




Rectal Thermometer  I swear I've tried about 200 thermometers, and this is the first reliable, QUICK thermometer I've found!  It's accurate, it has a safety feature
so you cannot insert it too far and it always takes about 30-45 seconds to give me a temperature reading- very important when you're dealing with a sick, fussy little one!



Cuticle clippers for your baby’s nails- Honestly, it’s genius.  I stumbled on it one day when I couldn’t find the clippers and Makoa’s nails desperately needed to be clipped.  Much easier to angle, prevent cutting and more accurate!





XL Disposable changing pads for the diaper bag.  I know this is a bit of a "graphic" image, but this is the reality of life with a baby!  I keep several of these in the diaper bag for public 
changing tables and several in both
cars for things like this! 

 
Diaper bag organizer insert
I was having such a hard time with my diaper bag (or any diaper bag out there for that matter) because no matter how "nicely" I set everything in there, it always got to be a huge mess as I was rifling through there trying to find what I needed.  This little insert fits in every "traditional" (for lack of a better word) diaper bag I've tried and it keeps me sane, and organized and I'm able to grab what I need, the moment I need it!




Playpen with attached changer  We kept a playpen in our
living room, which was especially convenient for those
early days when the baby would cat nap anywhere and
now it's just mainly as a changing station.

Kaleo was about 2 months old in this photo and he is only on his stomach, with a blanket at his feet because he was being supervised by 2 sets of grandparents and lots of family on thanksgiving, as we DO follow the AAP safe sleep guidelines!


Pop N Play Playard- So incredibly convenient.  I can set this up by myself in under 5 minutes and it collapses nicely and fits into an over the shoulder carrying bag.













Exersaucer- I have a jumperoo AND an exersaucer
and if I had to recommend only one, it would be
the exersaucer.  They both have very similar functions
and keep your baby busy, but the Exersaucer is much
 more compact and portable.  Heck, I even fold mine
flat and carry it one handed down to the park while
the older kids and toddler run around!



Em's 4 bubs Ear Protection is a great product to fit even the tiniest of ears!
 





Furniture Safety Straps for book shelves, dressers, night stands...
Furniture Safety straps for TV’s- Make sure you secure the TV to the stand, and then secure the stand to the wall!











Full Coverage Bibs
Now, this is kind of a funny photo of Kaleo because we went to the Fire Station to have dinner with dad and I forgot his highchair, so I had to make a makeshift one out of his Kinderpack carrier.  As such, I couldn't get the bib to actually fit around his neck- but I assure you it does when in a NORMAL highchair.  I just couldn't resist sharing this real life photo 


Outlet Covers for when outlet is in use
This product truly is wonderful because it's clear so it doesn't stand out, it comes with a few different color options for the backplate, and it allows you to still have use of both outlets while protecting curious little humans.  This is in Kaleo's room, right behind his crib.  No matter what wall me moved his crib to, he would have had access to an outlet, and we didn't want to deal with an extension cord half way around the room.  This has been an amazing solution!


If you’re breastfeeding: 
Kiinde breastmilk storage bags (they do NOT leak, are easy to pour, stand up once frozen and can double as a food pouch
for older babies!)





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Instant Pot Egg Bites!

These are my FAVORITE Egg Bite  molds and they are quite useful and make many delicious things in my instant pot!!  I have utilized these to make egg bites, and mini brownies (I have serious lack of self control when it comes to sweets, so these molds are PERFECT!!!).  These molds fit in both the 6qt and the 8qt .  8qt instant pot 6qt instant pot Egg bites CAN be frozen and re-heated!   I usually make 4 molds worth of egg bites and freeze 2 of the 4.  If I remember (ha!!!) I try and pull them out the night before to defrost a bit in the fridge.  If I don't, 2-3 minutes on defrost is all I need to warm them up.  If they are completely defrosted, I usually do 45 seconds in the microwave. HOW DO YOU MAKE THESE DELICIOUS EGG BITES YOU ASK?? Ingredients:  12 eggs beaten 1 package bacon, cut and cooked on stove Green onion Shredded Cheese Directions: 1. Add 1-2 cups of water to your Instant pot 2. Fill molds first with a sprinkle of shredded chee

BABY PROOFING- Don’t forget the furniture!

  BABYPROOFING We hear about baby proofing all the time, and when we talk about it most people's minds go to the most common items such as oven doors ,  outlets , Stove handles , cabinets , doors and even toilets .   Unfortunately, a commonly overlooked babyproofing item is furniture…YES, furniture! I am a facts and data kind of person, so I want to discuss the statistics first to help illustrate why this is such an important step in babyproofing. According to the Consumer Product Safety Commission’s (CPSC) February 2022 Tip-Over Injuries report, there were an annual average of 22,500 emergency department treated injuries between 2018-2022, and 581 fatalities between 2000 and 2020.   Of those 22,500 injuries 10,000 were from children under 18 years old and of the 581 fatalities 472 were children under 18.   A few tools and a safety strap under $8 can save your child’s life. ( 2020 Tip-Over Report (cpsc.gov) ) Back in 2009 I had a close encounter with what could have been a t

Instant Pot Mac & Cheese (Video Included!!!)

I've decided I'm going to try and video at least one meal a week made with the Instant Pot , and post it here on the blog. Why?  Because I think this wonderful ol pot can be really intimating the first few times you use it. Mine sat in the box for 6 months. SIX. MONTHS.  So, no judgment here about that.  I only took it out because my friend Karisa came over and cooked with me- taught me the ins and outs.  After that, Once I got the hang of it, I was using it 2-4 times a week and went on to buy an 8qt instant pot (started with the 6qt).  It's really nice to have both, one because we're a family of 7.  But also because I can complete an entire meal (meat, veggies, potatoes of some sort) at one time and it's all done and ready to serve at once. This recipe I used is from the Instant Pot App (which is FREE by the way!!!) One thing I'm going to do differently next time is use the saute feature to melt the butter, then add the chicken broth and the noodles to